Adventure Camp is a 5 day/night sleep away-camp that is full of fun, challenge and adventure! Campers enjoy activities that expand social horizons and provide the opportunity to develop the courage to try new things while increasing independence and confidence.
- This program is designed for youth and young adults with mild to moderate developmental disabilities such as autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy and Down syndrome. (This program may not be a match for those whose primary diagnosis is an emotional, behavioral, or psychiatric disorder)
- Campers must be mobile and enjoy group activities
- Campers participate in daily adventures which may include zip-lining, archery, river-rafting, alpine slide rides, swimming, hiking/nature walks, wall climb, campfires, cabin games, and a camp-wide dance
- Campers stay in family-style cabins with counselors, volunteers and peers
- Our staffing of 2 experienced counselors and 4 teen volunteers per team of 10 campers allows for individualized relationships with each camper
73% of our Adventure Campers return every year to enjoy some time in the Colorado Rockies!
Are you interested in being an Adam’s Camp Adventure Camp Counselor? Learn more about joining our team. See Adventure Camp Counselors.