Pathfinder Therapy is an intensive, multidisciplinary therapy programme for children ages 4 and older who have been diagnosed on the autism spectrum. Our signature Pathfinder Therapy programme uses our unique therapy model, which consists of teams of 5 pediatric therapists who work one-on-one with 5 children over 5 consecutive days. Therapists focus on each child’s strengths to provide goal-centered, outcome-based treatment. Synergy, focus, and extensive time dedicated specifically to working on strengthening skills make this a unique and powerful intervention. Children often achieve significant developmental, functional and behavioral gains that can be further developed and sustained.
While therapy for the child with special needs is the primary focus, families are an important part of these programmes. These programmes are ideal for parents who want respite in a relaxed setting, allowing for quality time with one another, and as a family.
- 5 consecutive days, 6 hours of intensive therapy daily, based on an individualized goal-centered treatment plan
- The therapy team is comprised of a combination of speech, occupational, physical, art, behavioral and music therapists with the precise team make-up determined by the specific needs of the campers
- 5 pediatric therapists and 2 volunteers work exclusively with 5 children in a team oriented environment
- Fun activities such as swimming and yoga, where each child is supported by a therapist
- Family conference at the end of week includes a clinical report with recommendations for home, school, year round therapists, pediatricians and other providers
- Daily Siblings Programme for camper siblings
- Daily Parent meetings and respite time
Pathfinder Therapy is ideal for:
- Children who can benefit from multiple treatment modalities to achieve significant developmental gains and learn new skills
- Children who are ready to be in an intensive, one-on-one therapy setting, where every moment is a therapy moment
Trailblazer is an activity-based, “therapy-on-the-go” programme for youth ages 8 and over who have been diagnosed on the autism spectrum. Campers take part in a variety of activities that help build self-confidence, independence, and social skills. A one-night sleepover with their team of campers and therapists adds fun and builds independence.
Our Trailblazer programme consists of teams comprised of 4 therapists and 2 volunteers with 5 campers so campers receive both small group and one-on-one therapy throughout the week. The activity-based focus of this programme makes participation for those with who use wheelchairs or have limited mobility a challenge. Please discuss this with a member of the Adam’s Camp programme staff.
• 5 consecutive days of therapy-supported activities, based on a group goal-centered treatment plan
• The therapy team is comprised of a combination of speech, occupational, physical, art, behavioral and music therapists with the precise team make-up determined by the specific needs of the children.
• Teams of 4 therapists and 2 volunteers who work exclusively with 5 children
• Activity-focused programming such as swimming, yoga and field trips
• A one-night sleepover for campers with their team! This night away from family is a step towards transitioning to greater independence, and is an essential part of the Trailblazer program
• Parent conference at end of week includes a clinical report and recommendations for home, school, year round therapists, pediatricians and other providers
• Daily Siblings Program for camper siblings
• Daily Parent meetings and respite time
Trailblazer is ideal for:
• Children who can benefit from multiple treatment modalities to address the programme’s primary goals: to improve social skills and develop independence
• Children who are ready for an activity-filled adventure, but not yet ready for a sleep-away camp
Discovery is an activity-based, “therapy-on-the-go” programme for young teens on the autism spectrum. Discovery campers benefit from 6 hours of daily team-based therapy for 5 consecutive days including 1-2 sleepover nights. The Discovery model is intended for campers who will benefit from a group-based therapeutic approach that focuses on practicing social skills and developing independence in activities of daily living. Family and sibling programmes are provided.
- For children 12 and older and their families
- 6 hours of therapeutic group-based activities for 5 consecutive days.
- 1-2 sleepover nights
- Emphasis on social and independence skills
- 5 kids, 4 therapists, and 2 volunteers per team
- Teams are staffed with a combination of occupational, speech, music, art, play, or behavioural therapists. The specific “mix” of therapists is based on the needs of the campers in the group.
- Parents enjoy optional speakers and activities and respite during therapy hours.
- Daily activities for siblings
- At the end of the week, conferences with the therapists outline your camper’s goals, interventions, results, and recommendations.
For more information contact Grainne Ashe, Adam’s Camp Northern Ireland Director of Programmes, by email.
Learn more about the Northern Ireland programme