When is camp?
The camp will run from Sun. 16 July through 21 July, 2017 for Pathfinder and Thursday 27 July – 1 August, 2017 for Trailblazer and Discovery Campers. Staff and volunteers arrive for training beginning July 15 and July 26.
Where is camp?
The stunning location of Corrymeela, Ballycastle on the North Antrim Coast of Northern Ireland. This will be an all-inclusive, fully residential arrangement for all members of the camper’s family.
How many places are there and what is the age range?
Each week we will have ten places available, for ten children with ASD and their families.
- Pathfinder -10 kids, age 4 and upwards
- Trailblazer – 5 kids, age 8 and upwards
- Discovery – 5 kids, age 12 and upwards
How much does it cost?
The parents’ contribution per child with ASD is £2,000. The remaining costs are subsidized by Adam’s Camp NI. This includes…
- Your child’s place on the signature therapy model unique to Adam’s Camp. Five days of intensive therapy, six hours per day, one-to-one or in small groups of five children, with five pediatric therapists.
- Siblings camp programme which provides the brothers and sisters of the camper with a fun adventure and activities in a safe camp setting.
- Parent support workshops, daily sessions with other parents to discuss common challenges and an opportunity to meet guest speakers who specialise in autism. The all-important respite is built into the week.
- End of week conference when parents are invited to a one hour session with the therapists who worked with your child. This includes a detailed report on everything that happened in the therapy room and how to implement this at home for continued success.
- Full board at Corrymeela. Clean and comfortable family rooms are available to all members of the camper’s family and three meals a day, prepared on site by cooks with a choice of options each day, including any special dietary requirements. Packed lunches available to anyone going off site for activities.
Who will be working with my Children?
Each of the two therapy teams is comprised of a combination of speech, occupational, physical, art, music or behavioral therapists with the precise team make-up determined by the specific needs of the campers.
Each therapist is fully qualified and has experience in working with children with ASD. Two of the therapists are coming from Adam’s Camp in the United States and they will be the team leaders for Pathfinders and Trailblazers.
The therapists will be supported by volunteer students all of whom have experience in this area. There will be two volunteers for each programme, including one who has participated in all of the US camps.
The siblings’ camp will be led by a fully qualified and experienced primary school teacher, supported by two further volunteers.
We are also delighted to confirm that the co-founders of the U.S. Adam’s Camp model, Bob and Karel Horney, will be joining us in our first year of Adams camp NI. This is the first international camp in their 30 year history.
What is the registration process?
Once you have completed the initial online application for camp, new families will receive a phone call from a member of the programme team to discuss how we can best meet the needs of your child and to decide on placement in the session that will maximize their success. We will answer any questions or concerns you may have before going forward with the deposit.
Your application is complete when we have received your online application, discussed your camper’s placement with you and we have received your deposit. This non-refundable deposit reserves your place at camp.
If you require more information please contact Grainne by email.
Learn more about the Northern Ireland programme