Why Is The Work of Adam’s Camp So Important?
- 1 in 6 children in the US has a developmental disability, according to the CDC.
- Research shows that early intervention and family support are key to allowing children with special needs reach their potential.
- Developmental gains translate into greater school, social and employment success.
Please become a partner by making a contribution to Adam’s Camp. Your support helps children with special needs develop skills that are essential for
- making friends
- being successful in school
- being able to function as independently as possible
And, it provides families the education, respite and community that they need to thrive.
Great news! Adam’s Camp was recognized by Great Nonprofits as a 2014 Top-Rated Nonprofit!
Your Gifts at Work
At Adam’s Camp we believe you, our donors, are entrusting us with the stewardship of your generous contributions. In 2014, from every dollar you gave us, 82% was used for our camps for kids with special needs and their families; 11% provided general supporting services, 2% went toward the capital campaign and 5% was used to raise the next dollar.
Our commitment to providing affordable programs
With your partnership, Adam’s Camp can continue to ensure that every family is able to access our services, regardless of their financial or insurance status. Each year, Adam’s Camp:
- subsidizes 50% of our program costs
- provides over $55,000 in scholarships to camp families
- relies on nearly 20,000 volunteer hours in support for our programs, saving $200,000
Adam’s Camp has been serving children and families since 1986, has received an average of 5 out of 5 stars in reviews on Guidestar and has received the Guidestar Exchange “Partners in Trust” designation for financial transparency. Adam’s Camp is a 501(c)(3) organization, and so your contributions are tax deductible.
However you choose to support the children and families of Adam’s Camp, please know that we appreciate your support!
You can demonstrate your belief in the abilities of children with special needs and their families.
Make a Donation. Your options include:
- General Donation to Adam’s Camp – Know that your support will be used where most needed.
- Donate to the Adam’s Camp Scholarship Fund
– Make it possible for children and families to attend camp
- sponsor a family, $2500
- sponsor a camper, $800
- donate to the scholarship fund in any amount
- Donate to a Designated Scholarship Fund – See a description of these named scholarship funds
- Workplace Giving – To designate Adam’s Camp as the recipient of your gifts using the United Way online form, enter our official name, “Colorado Institute of Developmental Pediatrics, Inc.” and search under the national 501(c)3 database. Does your employer offer to match your gifts? We can provide receipts or assist with completing any required documents.
- Year End Gift – The sky’s the limit on this one! Make a special gift to Adam’s Camp with your year end giving.
- Memorial Gift or Honorarium – Make a gift to Adam’s Camp in memory of a loved one or in honor of someone to let them know how special they are to you.
- Endowment – Ensure that children with special needs and their families can attend Adam’s Camp for years to come by contributing to our endowment.
There are several ways to donate:
- Online: Visit Coloradogives.org and use their secure Online Donation Form to make a contribution to Adam’s Camp using your credit card. Recurring donations can also be set up this way.
- By Phone: call 303-563-8290 to process your donation payment right away.
- By Mail: Adam’s Camp 6767 South Spruce St., Ste. 102 Centennial, CO 80112
- Kroger Gift Cards: Get a Kroger gift card from Adam’s Camp, then re-load it to purchase your groceries and gas from Kroger stores (King Soopers, City Market, Ralph’s and more) and 5% comes straight to Adam’s Camp! No cost to you! Call 303-563-8290 to get started.
Additional Ways to Support our Campers:
Planned Giving: Remember Adam’s Camp in your will or estate trust. Contact us for more information about how to arrange for Planned Giving, which is an easy and generous way to help our children.
Sponsor or Attend our Fundraising Events:
- Our annual Spring Family Event for families
- The Adam’s Camp Classic Golf Tournament in September
- Our Recognition Dinner in the fall
Please contact Sarah Hartway by email or at 303-563-8290 to discuss your interests.